1. Talking Image ("talkingimage") is a registered data collector (Registration number: PZ8929190) under the Data Protection Act (the "Act") and is required to comply with the provisions of the Act.
2. We are committed to maintaining customer privacy and the security of any personal data which we receive from you on this website. We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you submit to us remains private, and is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
3. By giving us information about yourself through this website you specifically agree that we may process this information and may request further information from third parties.
4. We expect to collect data in the course of business dealings only but in the case of a sole trader some aspects of data fall within the provision of the Act.
5. Any personal information gathered will be kept on record only in the context of the business we conduct with you and for the purpose of sending you or your company details about products or services sold by us or sending you information which we believe may be of interest to you.
6. We will not release any information supplied by you to any other organisation without your express permission. In the event of your data falling within the provisions of the Act we require a prior written consent from you before any data is supplied onwards to any third party.
7. Our online payment facility is securely provided by PayPal, an ebay company. It is a major provider for online payment facilities in more than 40 countries worldwide. Paypal accepts credit and debit card payments for Master, Visa, Switch, Solo, Delta, Electron, Maestro and American Express. You DO NOT need to register with PayPal to shop with us. Talkingimage has taken steps to ensure the security and privacy of its systems and its customers' data and personal information.
8. We gather information and statistics collectively about all visitors to this website, for example, which area users access most frequently and which services users access the most. We only use such data in the aggregate form. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users and how we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users. This information is not shared with anyone outside talkingimage.
10. We may need to transfer your personal data to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area from time to time despite the fact that such country is not designated as 'adequate' by the European Commission for the purpose of data protection.
11. We reserve the right to draw our own conclusion that the country provides an adequate level of protection for a particular transfer or set of transfers, taking into consideration all the circumstances of the situation. Our decision will be based on the provisions set out for dealing with this area from the Data Protection Registrar.
12. Such data transfer will occur only to the extent necessary to carry out our services requested by you and we will seek your formal written consent prior to any such data transfer.
13. Other than as outlined above, we may process and, in particular, may disclose your personal data: (i) as required by law to any third parties;
(ii) to third parties who may process personal data on our behalf such as Credit Reference Agencies. These parties may keep details of any searches they make about you;
(iii) to any third party for the prevention of fraud, money laundering or for the tracing of debtors. These parties
may keep details of any searches they make about you.
14. You have the right to require us to correct any inadequacies in the personal details we hold about you. You also have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by us and to object to your details being used for direct marketing purposes. As a security measure, proof of identification may be required prior to the disclosure of such information and there may be a small administration charge. Please contact Toshiko Kobatake of Talking Image if you wish to obtain a copy of your personal data.
15. Talkingimage may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 20th May 2018.